1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I formatted my pc but now i am having difficulties with tmpgenc

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by clare, Sep 25, 2003.

1. clare

clare Guest

I have been using tmpgenc for some time now without any problems. However, i have recently formatted my hard drive. I have re-installed tmpgenc but when I come to encode a film into two halves, i am having some trouble. I can do the first part of a film with no problem. It is when i come to the second part. When I have finshed on the source range page and gone onto the bitrate setting, the percentage of disc capacity is about 600 and the average bitrate is about 1100. This even happens when I try and put the same film on to three discs. Please can some one help me

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Hi clare, couldnt really understand your question unfortunately! Instead of using source range, what i would recommend is to encode to one big file then use merge & cut (file - mpeg tools) to split it! have you tried that?

3. clare

clare Guest

Hi and thank you for replying. I have just tried converting it as one big file but after I have done that and tried to play it, it has not worked the picture is all fuzy and a mixed up jumble of colours. The sound is okay though

4. Dela

OK that is weird, check the file with AVICodec or GSpot and tell me what codecs are required for the file?

5. clare

clare Guest

divx 5.0

6. Dela

and you have the divx codec properly installed ye? well actually i would recommend you install ffdshow!

7. clare

clare Guest

sorry i got it wrong the orignal divx needs that codec but when i checked the encoded one i had done it says na

8. clare

clare Guest

i have just tried to encode a different avi the picture came out clear but with no sound and when i checked it with gspot it said na again

9. Dela

well gspot doesnt work with mpg files, so did u try encoding with ffdshow installed?

10. clare

clare Guest

yeah i tried again but got the same result my tmpgenc use to work fine until i formatted my pc and now it doesn't

11. Dela

That horrible, can u codecs you have installed?

12. clare

clare Guest

i know tell me about lol i have nimo codec pack i think and the other one that u have told me to install thats it i think

13. clare

clare Guest

touch wood but i think i have got it working again thank you dela for all your help

14. Dela

Sorry for disappearing for a few days there, how's it going now?

15. clare

clare Guest

Hi there,

It's still working. I had a look at the thread about problems with TMPGenc and tried some of the suggestions you gave on there. I think i got it working again though by moving the direct show mulitmedia up to number 2(not got a clue what that means i just pressed and clicked) and so far so good but no doubt I will be back on again soon in need of your assistance.

16. Dela

lol, that's no problem at all :)