1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i get audio but no video just a blank screen on backup dvds any ideas

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by CLurker, May 18, 2007.

1. CLurker

CLurker Member

i been trying to copy the bonus mash discs but each time i try the bonus disc i get the blank screen and limited audio any ideas thanks

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Did you copy on-the-fly? Try rip the dvds to the HD first to check if the ripping is successful. That way you can better pinpoint where the problem had occurred. Also, can you be more specific about what kind of softwares and discs have you been using?

3. CLurker

CLurker Member

i hope this helps answer your questions first i was copying a 20th century fox released dvd of mash the ultimate collection disc 2. i use the free version of dvdfabdycrptor to decrypt to the harddrvie than dvd shrink to shrink down the files and burn to dvd r/rw discs that vary from meromex imation etc. the nero software came with my burner i believe nero 6.1 not sure exactly on which version of nero 6 but i just recently installed video codecs xvid ffdshow code 2kmedia pack and the klite full packs.

i found that when i had the problem with disc 3 after installing these packs it copied and burned like normal went to play and it worked like any burnt dvd copy would but i went to try disc 2 and the same thing i get the 20th logo fbi warnings where the menus is a extra big blank screen with no video limited audio i looking for more software even considering reformatting the harddrive if needed if i did that any suggestions on what video codecs to install so i don't have this happen also i just found on the afterdawn side the xp and vista codec packs which i installed trying to add what ever i can that may solve this been seeing what is listed in other playback problems sorry for spelling errors i am grateful for any help or advisement you can offer

4. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

I must admit that your reply confuses me more. *_*

First of all, did it work with disc2 or any disc of mash?

Second, did it work with any other discs?

Third, did it work after ripping to harddisk (i.e. did it play nicely with picture and sound) BUT before burning to blank DVD?

Finally, too many codecs may cause big problems. In your case, it probably is not a codec related issue at all. So stop installing more codecs for the time being.

5. CLurker

CLurker Member

sorry fro all the confusion bud either i give not enough info or details or too much i did rip all three discs fo the mash ultimate collection to the harddrive which was disc 1 final series episode which did work perfectly no problems ripped bonus materials disc #2 it burned but sound no picture.

ripped bonus disc #3 it burned it worked perfectly. now i tried again to make a copy off the full dvd rip of dsc 2 after messing abit with wind dvd6 i found one of the videos worked but once it played through none of the rest would no menues nothing hopefully this new info helps out i am sorry for the confusion usually i screw a post up by posting in the wrong forum or by posting in multi forums so i hope i did not mess up in that area as well either way thanks for all the hadvisement you have given so far

6. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Dear CLurker,

I think we need to be a bit more patient here. Now since copying dvd often involves several steps, it is better if we first figure out 'what' and 'where' things go wrong for the purpose of finding solutions. So let's focus on bonus disc 2 for the time being: After you ripped it to the HD, was everything O.K. (i.e. did you get all the files and did they play exactly the same on the HD as with the original dvd)? If not, what were the problems?

Once again, I'm talking about the files you ripped to HD, not the files AFTER burning to a blank dvd.

7. CLurker

CLurker Member

ok no problem i am sorry for the delay in replying i rerequested the disc back from netflix just got it back tried to rip to the hard drive had all the same problems still i did do a total reinstall of everything to see if that helped it did not

you mentioed trying to play the ripped files that are on the hard drive how if you don't mind me asking can you do that if they are not burned to a dvd disc to view via player just wondering i plan to hold the orignal disc until i can get a working copy so any help any suggestions would be great thann you fo ryour time