1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i have 1 925meg vcd file need it to be 800 to make onto a vcd

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by badboy187, Nov 1, 2003.

1. badboy187

badboy187 Member

basically i have a mpeg which is ready for vcd but it is about 925 meg and 92 mins long. I really wanna put this onto one vcd rather then 2 so i would like to know what i can do to make it to 800 meg so i can burn it to cd. Idont mind cutting the video down to 80 mins to make it 800 meg if i have to so couls any1 tell me what very simple editing software i can get to cut some scenes out and make this file smaller, or any other help will be great thank u.

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

The duration requirement for VCDs is not entirely based of the filesize but rather the input length. You can usually expect ~70 minutes per VCD disc.

Clipping a MPEG
    1. Open TMPEnc
    2. File --> MPEG Tools
    3. Merge & Cut
    4. Add the MPEG file
    5. Double click on it
    6. Set the part you want to keep by using the { and } buttons
    7. Give it a filename
    8. Fire it off.

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well if you are useing Tmpgenc then you can allways make a Non-Standard VCD useing a Lower Bitrate than the VCD standard But you will also Have a less Quality...You can also set the Audio Bitrate down to 128kbs which will lower the File size also..You can also check out the KVCD Templates which Claim they can get 120 minutes on a CD-R with VHS quality But I personally didn"t like the Quality but you might like them..I think you can download the KVCD Templates at KVCD.com....Cheers