1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a problem

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Adawee, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Adawee

Adawee Member

First off, this is my first post. Hi everyone!

Problem:

My CD writer (COMBI RW16x10/DVD) won't write CD's on a CD-R, but it will on a CD-RW.....same brand, even - Memorex.

I used a Flash tool, and it didn't come up with anything for my to d/l. I also can't find a firmware for my drive.

I read that Nero was good for makin' CD's and I got it. But, it didn't help me any. Id did give me a Error report (I don't understand it....not good with PC stuff):

I have Windows XP Home Ed.

Thank you all for readin'. Sorry if I posted in the wrong place.

2. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

This indicates that the target detected a nonrecoverable hardware failure while performing the command or during a self test. Dont panic, just try different media.

3. 454

454 Guest

I had the same problem, it's the cd's or dvd's not a hardware that is the problem. My problem was with princo DVD-R a bad batch it there manufacturing.

4. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

Princo make b-grade media at best. You should always make sure you use media that is specified by your drive manufacturer to be compatible. As far as error messages go 99% of the time its a media fault. Whether its a media direct error or the media indirectly causes a hardware failure.