1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need advise on intel based imac's

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by glitchzoo, Feb 10, 2007.

1. glitchzoo

glitchzoo Regular member

hello all!
    i am thinking about getting the new intel based 24" imac's but i have read some issues with them.
    aparently ther have issues running windows vista. is that true? because if i get a mac i want windows and mac os x installed so i can use which one i need accordingly.
    also is it possibal to mod macs and by mod i mean upgrade the hardrives ect without voiding your warrentry?

please reply to this thread i really need advice and latley no one is replying to my threads!!!
    thanks,
    glitchzoo.

2. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

Vista right now is having issues with everything. I would actually recommend going with Windows XP on that machine for now. At least until most of the kinks are worked out.

3. trigga71

trigga71 Regular member

You can upgrade your hard drive, ram, etc but parts you upgrade with non apple parts wont be covered by the apple warranty. Also the 24in imac is a VERY sweet computer. One of my customers just bought one fully loaded. I would also recommend XP.

4. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

I don't have the intel one. I do have the last IMAC G5 2.1ghz, 1.5gb in ram. 250gb HDD. Fantastic machine.
    May get a macbook pro further down the road.

5. glitchzoo

glitchzoo Regular member

thanks for info so far :D
    im not going to be getting an i mac at the moment instead i will get an intel escktop pc (for free :D) aand i will get a imac as soon as i can afford it :D.

do you guys know of any new macs that are commign out '?