1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help finding a program like nero

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Bryan3404, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Bryan3404

Bryan3404 Member

Hi, I have the files for a dvd, but I need a program to burn them to the dvd. I have nero, but that program reads my dvd burner as a cd burner only. So it won't let me burn them. Anyone know of a good program to do this. To make sure you understand, I don't need a dvd ripper to get the files from a dvd, just a program to burn them to a dvd. Thanks for any help.

2. tam30over

tam30over Member

if im reading this right nero will burn them to a dvd ( depending on what version ur using ) and what format ur trying to burn is it a image or what a bit more details will help us help you

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Bryan3404,

Nero, though a pretty good burner when it's working well does get "Flaky" from time to time -

Let's start out with first going to device manager, and uninstalling your burner, reboot your PC and let it find your burner by itself (always make sure there are no discs in the drive when you do this).

Next uninstall Nero using control panel and add/remove programs, reboot your PC, and then reinstall Nero and reboot -

After that, report back -

If the trouble still continues, give us the specs on your PC and the Mfg and model of your burner and let us know if it has ever worked - Nero's version and then a detailed account of what you are working with - the type of files you are burning, project's size, and step by step what you have done and what error messages you have received -
    It's so much better than us having to guess :))

and Welcome to the Neighborhood -

Pete

4. tam30over

tam30over Member

at one time i would say nero was a nightmare for using because it waS ALL BASIC ( NOW ONE OF THE BEST PROGRAMMES AND BEST SUPPORT FOR ANYTHING ON THE NET ) USED TO BE BAD FOR CONFLECTS

5. Bryan3404

Bryan3404 Member

I just noticed that the DVD writer is showing up as a cd drive in windows, thats why its not working in nero. The drivers are in for it and they say that its a DVD writer, but next to the Drive letter itself in my computer it says cd rom. This is the first time I have seen anything like this. Anyone know how to fix it? The drive is a Cendyne, but it uses the _NEC DVD+RW ND-1100A driver.

6. Bryan3404

Bryan3404 Member

I forgot to mention, I tried to remove the drive and let windows find it, but that doesn't fix it. I tried to chose the drive from the list, but it only lets me choose from cd-rom drives. Oh yeah, I have Windows XP, if that helps.

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Bryan3404,

Just because it reads as a CD Drive in "My Computer" that has no bearing on its function. As I speak, my NEC ND 1300A is reading a "CD Drive" in "My Computer". Nero, on the other hand lists it correctly and Nero still is using it as a burner. We have to look elsewhere for your problem -

Next, I'd like for you to check and ascertain if you require a Flash upgrade
    - at the same time check all other functions of your drive, use this tool -

http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

Pete