1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help with my ipod BADLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by kandw, Jan 1, 2008.

1. kandw

kandw Guest

Ok so heres the situation, i have a 30gig ipod video and it continuously gives me the message that i need to plug it into my computer and restore it using itunes, ive done this many times to no prevail,and im starting to give up hope. Ive also tried some ipod updater that was recommended but it was of no assistance, I tried emailing apple but they didnt do anything at all and niether did their forums, if anyone could help me out I would truely appreciate it, i dont want to go out and buy a new ipod if i dont have to.
    please reply to this or email me back at *removed*. If anyone could give me a hand i would truely appreciate it.
    thank you so much.
    Korey.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2008
  2. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

so you did the itunes restore many times, what firmware is on the ipod check if you can on itunes when you connect the ipod 1.2.1 or 1.2.2, theres a new firmware out, but if you still having problems look for other signs, do the hard drive makes any winding noise or and unusual sounds? check that and get back to me, Ps moderator dont like when you post e-mails on the forums.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2008
  3. kandw

kandw Guest

ah sorry i didnt realize that, and yes it does make a sort of winding noise when it restores, is that a bad sign?

4. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

yea thats not a good sign, does your ipod shows any icons like a sad face? if so is time for a new hard drive, so good news is that for less than the cost of a new ipod you can get a bigger hd for it. check out the links bellow you can deside if you want to fix it or get a new one. also if you heard from Craigslist you can check your local listing you maigth find a good used one. ether case heres the links.

Ipod parts

Ipod Hard drives

5. kandw

kandw Guest

To be honest i thought it might be the hard drive, which really sucks but its almost 3 years old and its been through alot so its kind of expected, so i think im just going to see if i can get it replaced and how much it will cost me, maybe from your link but im going to check ebay and a couple of other sites, thanks for the help man i really appreciate it, now that thats sorted out

6. maximus77

maximus77 Member

7. Mez

Mez Active member

kandw, did you try changing the drive letter and did that help?