1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need ideas for a new online game...

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by LiNx88, Apr 18, 2005.

1. LiNx88

LiNx88 Member

Hey...

I'm really running out of ideas for projects that have to do with PHP. Inbetween
    my jobs, I have nothing to do, and I need something to be working on to brush
    up on my skills. So, I decided that I wanted to make a game.

The game is going to be all in the browser, written in PHP, but I don't have a
    single idea for a game. I was thinking that it would be like http://
    www.neopets.com where you have to get money, and then spend it on items
    etc, but that's just a suggestion (yes I know, it's been done many a time
    before)

Even if you don't have much experience with computers, I would like ideas for
    games that I could make. Even parts of game. Cool things that you would like
    it to have. Anything. I don't need help making it, just an idea.

Thanks in advance
    -LiNx

Last edited: Apr 18, 2005
  2. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Not to be offensive, but web browser games are never successful, unless you're talking about something like Utopia. And Utopia, is full of insignificant n00bs. And yes, they're so insignificant they can actually be called insignificant on the internet.

3. LiNx88

LiNx88 Member

Alright. So we have one person who thinks my entire plan is going to SUCK ASS. But I still have hope. Anybody? Anybody?

I really don't care if nobody thinks that it's going to work... Does anybody have any ideas for anything I could program? Anything? Anybody?

See how bored I am?

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

how about a mercenary warfare game? it's world war 3, and now people can take on the traits of animals to become better guerilla warriors. everyone's fighting everyone, all over the world. a few main militias are warring against each other. or perhaps, even some kind of alien invasion. fight for survival. i'd play it :)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2005
  5. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

Think of an MMORPG game sort of like Runescape or something... A sort of game that everybody could enjoy... yes, even the snobby girls in school lol. A kind of online game that you can chat with friends, go wherever you want, do what you want to do, and have freedom. Isnt that what most people want? Of course the object should be to gain some sort of levels and see how good you are at the game...Let me know if you like the idea. I would be glad to help you with ideas along the way, just send me a private message, i have lots of friends that can give me ideas also...

6. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

how about a sim game like rollercoaster tycoon or simCity, except you are a owner of either a baseball, basketball, football, Soccer, or Hockey team where you basically have to keep the fans happy. you start as an expansion team where you have to build your team, build your stadium, set price points, etc. You can have a database of sim players that you can sign and once your team is set, you can play against other teams online. Instead of actually playing the game yourself, you win games based on fan support, team structure, team happiness, etc. What do you think?

7. haimback

haimback Regular member

the ultimate game....you are a hobo, you have to scavage food and beer cans, one day you might get lucky and hook up with a crackhead call girl (and restore your energy). You must use broken bottles used needles etc to fight off other hobos and claim control of the cardboard box under the bridge!!!

8. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

Now that sounds like a game!

9. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i'd play it. :) i wanna be the hobo that thinks it's still the Nixon era.

10. LiNx88

LiNx88 Member

Okay.

Sounds like a cool game, but I don't know how you would play it in your browser... It
    would kinda need to be real-time.

Definately a cool idea. It's one of the top choices for what I'm going to make. One problem
    - I have barely any knowledge of any sport...

Now, as pathetic as it may seem, I think this sounds amazing. Actually. I can see it.
    You can go to different areas of town and scrounge around for pennies lying on the
    ground. Used needles are always fun. And compete to be KING OF THE HOBOS!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2005
  11. haimback

haimback Regular member

Sounds like i could be on to something big here.....
    I am putting a copyright on "king of the hobo's"
    all right's reserved to haimback - use of the "name king ot the hobo's"TM is prohibited.
    :)

12. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

How about you all start off as a regular, guy or girl, and the object is to get hooked up with the best stuff... start out as any job and earn yourself a car... the best clothes, and best of all popularity... Hook up with a girl and kick guys asses that flirt with them... I mean who wouldnt want to play that game? Do street racing with your car to earn money or just work... hey who knows if you arent good at the game you would be a hobo scravenging for pennys and beating up hobos for the possesion of the box.

13. munkieboy

munkieboy Guest

hm.............i like the hobo adea alot!!

14. Kalimari

Kalimari Guest

hows about a greek mythology based game. u can go online, and make a person, then set on a quest to destroy all of the mystical monsters.
    You can make your own ships, crew, and even fight people for revenge, money, or fun.
    [bold]Gods of Greece [/bold] is copy righted by me. :D
    U will kill monsters such as the Scylla, a woman with a lower half made of 6 dog heads, with long necks, the charybdis, a woman, that is HUGE and make a whirl-pool in which she eats ships, even madussa, and Much Much, More, if u like it, pm me.