1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ShitBreak, Dec 2, 2003.

1. ShitBreak

ShitBreak Member

I burnt a movie on a bad disk and I didnt realize that until I tried to play it on my standalone it was choppy and skipped. Now my problem is getting the movie back off the disc. I have tried to use DVDDecrtyper, DVD X Rescue, DVD shrink, IsoBuster, Nero 6 DVD Copy, Copying straight to my HDD with no success with any of those. Is there anyway I get those files off of the Disc?

2. pauleas

pauleas Member

mmm try using dvd fab...
    you might actually achieve retrieving sth from that bad writen disk... ;)

3. ShitBreak

ShitBreak Member

I guess thats a loss

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Shitbreak, What os are you using. XP, ME. 98?
    Jerry

5. ShitBreak

ShitBreak Member

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Shitbreak, I don't use XP (didn't like it) so I don't know if this will work. In ME, if you click start--then run--and type in winfile, a window opens showing all drives on you system (HD, CDROM,ECT). insert your bad dvd and then click the drive letter at the top. It may read the dvd enough to give you all the files listed on it. If it does, you can then click top file button, then copy. Just copy each file line from dvd location to say C drive. It may work. You could also try windows explorer to do same thing. But like I said I can do it in ME, not sure about XP. Jerry

Last edited: Dec 4, 2003
  7. pauleas

pauleas Member

sorry m8 but that aint gonna work....
    since the disk is damaged and it cant be readed and ripped by shrink and decrypter it wont be read by the cd rom to copy it on the disk...
    ànyway its worth trying but all im saying that im pretty sure that it aint gonna work...
    as i said be4 dvd fab has a tool that says correcting but disk sectors etc....
    i dont think that this gonna work too...
    but its worth trying it...
    you got nothing to lose good luck...

8. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

when you try to read it as a dvd, it needs to read a large amount of information to play right. When reading it as a file disc, It is a slower process and only needs to read one file line at a time. I have salvaged discs using this process before. Again it depends on how bad the file system is damaged. May work ---may not, but its worth a try.
    Jerry

Last edited: Dec 5, 2003
  9. ShitBreak

ShitBreak Member

Jerry thanks but (Cyclic redundancy check) oh well I pretty knew that was a loss but I thought someone would know another program that might do that.