1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I rented a screener copy

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by jacsac, Apr 29, 2005.

1. jacsac

jacsac Regular member

I have MVP at Hollywood video and one of the free movies I got "Fear of the dark" had a message, screener copy only, pop up every 10 minutes or so. It seems rather shady to be renting screeners. Anyone know if its legal or not?

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

my guess is not legal. These are supposed to be for one person only I think, and if you rented it....well something's definitely off here...

3. jacsac

jacsac Regular member

They are lucky that I am not willing to call up the movie Nazis(MPAA). I guess I will just have to ask for a free rental or 2 for me bringing this to their attention.

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I would bring it up to the management. Possibly some one else switched copies when they rented it before you.

Jerry

5. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

definitely illegal, hope you get like 10 free rentals for bringing this up, a simple call to the "movie nazis" as you stated might offer you better leverage to get more from Hollywood video :)
    i saw this club that i visted last year and they were showing a screener of LOTR, before it even came out in the theaters...i was like, uhhh...how they do that and they braggin to everyone they got it early? big no no, i didn't call the movie nazis either, but i just found it amusing while everyone was drinking, i was watching the movie~ hehe. :)

6. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

I used to download "screeners" off p2p, back before the feds got there panties in a wad over that stuff.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2005
  7. squizzle

squizzle Active member

blackmail 'em! Especially if it's BBV!

8. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Yeah, report them, they always have films with adverts on about if you know of a shop that is renting out illegals to report them.........

Carries a great deal of irony that....................LMAO