1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I tried this program........

Discussion in 'ratDVD discussion, help and suggestions' started by milfzor, Jun 4, 2005.

1. milfzor

milfzor Member

mind you this program had its initial release only five days ago, but from what ive seen of it, it is AWESOME...i used it to compress 2 dvd's so far, one was a little bit of a longer dvd and i set the quality setting fairly high so it ended up a bit towards the large side (3gb ish) but then the second one i did, i just left it at the default settings and it spit out a very nice quality file. All around, i would give this program like a 9/10 rating......only thing that needs to be done really with this, is some more improvement on the compression (more speed/quality settings would be nice) but it does make a copy of a movie with all the extras, menus, subtitles, extra audio tracks, ect......very interesting little program :)

2. kinza

kinza Regular member

how is the video quality?

3. smfsmusic

smfsmusic Guest

Have you tried uncompressing the movie and viewing it yet? I was wondering if the quality is the same as the original after it is back to normal.

4. milfzor

milfzor Member

video quality was pretty good on a setting of 120 (mind you what i compressed was anime, so results on an actual movie will be differant) and the file crunched pretty good, too...like to 2gb from a full single layer retail dvd (dvd clocked in somewhere around 4.6gb if i remember right) as far as decompressing thats one thing i HAVENT had to do yet, im storing the dvd's on my computer for now for viewing on the actual computer. from what i hear though, there is a slight quality loss upon decompression.......but still, same goes with any other format you use.. they will all lose SOME quality when compressing and decompressing. All in all though, i'd still say this is better than backing up your movies to divx/xvid/whatever else because you can retain menus, chapters, special features, subtitles, multiple audio tracks, ect.......