1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ILO DVDR04 newbie recording question

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by hardlock, Mar 17, 2005.

1. hardlock

hardlock Member

I'm curious as to how a DVD+R ends recording when manually started and allowed to fill the disc.

I want to just start a 6 hr tape and let it rip but not have to worry about stopping the burn before it's full. What happens when it fills the disc?

On CDs I've found that if not stopped just prior to filling them up that there might not be enough room to finalize them.

Didn't want to waste the time or disk to just try it and see and the book doesn't mention anything about ending the recording process.

Thanks for any advice.

2. whompus

whompus Active member

Use the timer. Have the vhs ready and paused then set the timer for how long you want it to record. When it starts to record hit play on vcr and the recorder will stop at whatever time you set in the timer.

3. hardlock

hardlock Member

Thanks, figured I could do that but what if timer is set for longer than time left on disc what will happen?

4. unixdude

unixdude Member

Actually, I have let mine record until the DVD+R was full. It finalized just fine. Your mileage may vary.

5. hardlock

hardlock Member

Okay, that works, thanks.

Anyone know why the DVD+R finalized discs won't play on my XP laptop but WILL play on my XP PC? Using WinDVD as players. A commerical DVD DOES play on both BTW.