1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i'm a burning virgin lol

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by glplmrsr, Apr 16, 2005.

1. glplmrsr

glplmrsr Member

can someone tell me how to burn step by step cause i just don't get it i just got a dvd burner today and i installed nero i also downloaded dvd shrink now what do i do? can someone please make my burn better lmao

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

3. glplmrsr

glplmrsr Member

hi i've figured out how to use the dvd shrink to get the movie into my hard drive but when i go to use nero i have a different version from the one u have in ur guide "how to burn dvd's using nero" mine doesn't have the "dvd rom" option in the start menu or anywhere else i kinda got my version to work but it will burn to around 60-70 percent then it stops i tried it at 4times the speed then at 2 times the speed and it woun;dn't finish i was wondering if u knew how i could resolve the problem thanks so much f9or all of your help so far

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

glplmrsr,
    Try just using the very first guide at my website. This requires you to use DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter bothe programs are free, and probablly 95% of the people here use both those programs one way or another. You will eventually need Decrypter anyway's so you may as well start off using it to begin with. Saugmon already provided you with the link. :)

5. glplmrsr

glplmrsr Member

i may be using the wrong programs or something but i just can't seem to get the dvd burner to burn i could decrypt the movies (i think) but now i think i've downloaded so many programs tryin to get the ones u used in your instructions that it's not doing anything can u tell me which programs you are using in your examples? the burner always says that there's a tracking error what's that for? please help if you can sorry to keep buggin you thanks Guy

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

In the first guide there it says you need DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter. I would remove everything else you have installed for now except those two proggys. Once you have those two working well then you can try out all the other's.

"Focus or tracking error"

Most times this is indicative of a hardware problem.

You might try running a DVD/CD cleaning disc on your burner.