1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm About to Give Up!!!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by MLCY, Sep 17, 2003.

1. MLCY

MLCY Member

Ok, Ok. I have been trying to install the Matrix Mod chip without any success. Here is what I have done so far:

I have flashed the Matrix Mod chip with the following file "EvoX.D.6.blue.bin". I have installed the Mod Chip into my version 1.0 Xbox. The alignment is correct because the LED lights are green. When I boot up the xbox, the "X" logo is now blue. However, underneath the "X" logo it still says Microsoft.

I have downloaded the EVOX dashboard and extracted it into c:\xbox subdirectory. In the subdirectory there are "evoxdash.xbe" and "default.xbe" files. The evox.ini file contains the following in the [Misc] section:

[Misc]

AutoLaunchGames = No
    AutoLaunchDVD = No
    DVDPlayer = "f:\apps\dvd2.0\default.xbe"
    AutoLaunchAudio = No
    #AudioPlayer = "c:\xboxdash.xbe"
    MSDashBoard = "c:\xboxdash.xbe"
    UseFDrive = Yes
    SkinName = Original
    IGR = Yes
    UseItems = Yes
    ScreenSaver = 5
    #SkinName = RuDeDuDe2
    Fahrenheit = No
    ShadeLevel = 90

I used the xiso program to create the image file. From there I have used both Nero and Roxio software to try to create the boot CD without any success.

I have used two different CD-RW brands and a DVD-RW to create the boot cd. Everytime the xbox tells me that it can not recognize the CDs. What am I doing wrong????

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greg

2. DrNapalm

DrNapalm Member

Hey!

The modchip is ok! Your xbox is modded!...you just need to find media that works on your XBOX. I got Verbatim CD-RW.

3. MLCY

MLCY Member

Thanks for your help. I am still not able to get my Xbox to boot from the boot disc. I am using Verbatim CD-RW. I used Roxio software to create an audio CD in order to confirm that the Xbox can read the disc. I was successful in playing the Music from the Verbatim disc. However, I am still not able to get the Xbox to boot from it. Any thoughts????

Greg

4. DrNapalm

DrNapalm Member

Try to use Nero to burn the ISO image. Let me know if that helps. Thats the one that I use. I have no problems with it.

5. kfree

kfree Member

hopefully im understanding this correctly but you are trying to make a bootable cd for your xbox (like evox or something?)

I use nero, usually do a iso burn (unless what you are burning is already an iso or .cue/.bin, then you can click file>burn image, and point to the .iso or .cue). I click no multisession, Disc at once, burn at 4x, and finalize. that usually works.

also, check to see which type of dvdrom you have.. if its a thompson then you'll have to try cd-rw or even ::gasp:: dvd-r. If you have a phillips or samsung, most cd's work. I use a cdr with my samsung and it works fine.. phillips is a bit pickier, but not too bad.

hope that helps..

6. daryl2cb

daryl2cb Guest

burn in Nero in iso/udf format. Use nero 6 and If you have a old xbox like I do I had to put in a pc cd drive to read the disk. Get a y adapter for power from the hd to the new pc drive and pull the grey flat cable out of the xbox and put in the pc drive. leave yellow cable to xbox drive in place, this will work. Also get on Team xecuter forums.

7. cheech65

cheech65 Member

The problem might not be your Xbox, or your Boot cd at all, it might be the image you are trying to burn. xISO is VERY unreliable. It makes more bad images than it does good. Try using the program GDFGUI. It makes more reliable image files.