1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm having a problem with my recorder (has anybody experienced this...)

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by karah, Dec 12, 2004.

1. karah

karah Guest

I just got my Cinevision DVD/VCR Recorder yesterday.... and it records fine with the RW dvd that came with it... and I bought some DVD-R's because I wanted to transfer some home movies over to them... well, it recorded, and when it was "processing" after you stop it from recording it comes up and says "media is distorted". So I'm like ok... somethings wrong with the DVD's.. so I was gonna take them back tomorrow where I got them from (Same place I got the recorder). So I go to walmart and buy a lil pack of 5 for six dollars.. Sony, and you know Sony's good... well it says when you put one in that there's no disc... so that's kind of messed up, but it reads the ones that it says is "distorted" but won't finalize recording of it.. and works FINE on the re-writable that comes with it...

Anybody ever have this problem? It's starting to really piss me off lol

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hello karah,Is your combo a rv4000? I have had a few problems with sony's in both pc and stand alone burning. If the combo is formatted for the dvd - , then you might want to try the maxell's. They are very good media in the - format.Wal-mart has them. Make sure they are manufactured in Japan.If those maxell's don't work, take that combo burner back for another. Wal-mart should take it back, they did for mine when it fried after 1 week. Good luck

3. slidesafe

slidesafe Guest

I am having the same problem. I bought my unit from CompUSA as a bundled promotion with 50 "free" recordable DVDs... They don't work. I get the same "No Disc" message. I called GoVideo's customer support. My DVDs were of the DVD-R variety. This unit only supports the DVD+R. Try changing to the + format to solve your problem. Now I've gotta go scream at CompUSA...