1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm looking for a DVD camcorder with good night shot

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by phrolica, Aug 23, 2007.

1. phrolica

phrolica Member

Hi, I'm looking for a DVD camcorder with the following specs:

1. DVD recording format
    2. Image stabiliser
    3. Good quality night shot
    4. At least 15x optical zoom

I was initially looking at miniDV cameras as everybody seems to agree it's still gonna give me the best video quality, but I don't have a very powerful PC, or a big harddrive so backing up my recordings would be quite difficult. So I decided to go for straight to DVD.

I'm looking to spend about £300, but would be willing to pay more if the camera's features warrant it.

At the moment I'm looking at the Panasonic VDR-D220 or VDR-D310 and the Canon DC230.

Can anybody suggest any camcorders I should look at or anything I should definitely avoid?

Thanks.

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

First, if you are going to get into video editing, then you need the biggest hard drive that you can afford.

I have the Sony DCR-HC96 camcorder, and the night shots are great! It also has the stabilizer, and it records on MiniDV tape.

3. talltrees

talltrees Guest

Hey if you are looking for a good camcorder especially for night shot ,you definitely should not miss the Sony DCR-DVD108 Mini DVD Digital camcorder :With built-in memory stick duo Mmedia slot , DVD Format Video Recording,Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Lens ,2.5" Hybrid SwivelScreen LCD Display ,Super SteadyShot Stabilization System,USB 2.0 Connection.
    With Super NightShot Plus Infrared System you can capture natural looking video, even when shooting in low light. Record subjects up to 20 feet away using the built-in infrared system, but without the overall monochrome color common with earlier low-light recording systems.
    And it is said that the price have dropped a lot ,it retails for $400 but a recent deal is only $358 :
    http://www.dealstudio.com/searchdeals.php?deal_id=58372
    Hope this helps .

4. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Good camera, but miniDV tape is still better quality than the miniDVD's.