1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm ready for action,I think.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sithlordx, Aug 9, 2003.

1. sithlordx

sithlordx Member

Ok first off hello to all the good people here. I have been a lurker for a long time now and have tried to soak up all of the knowledge that is here. I see some of the heavies here as wise gurus of DVDism, anyways...My Pioneer 106 came in the mail a few days ago,I have a file I want to burn (2 bin and a the cue {winrar}).I have some media though its Sony DVD-R and not the coveted verbatim or Ritek but hopefully they will work in a standalone player/Ps2...anyway I didn't upgrade the firmware on my Pioneer...should I ? Is there anything else I need to do so I can feel the proud feeling of accomplisment after my first DVD is burned and avoide the gut wrenching feeling of failure? My ears are open.

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Pioneer 016 shouldn't need f/w updating yet & a good job cos there isnt one.
    If you check here though you'll be able to check for yourself on firmware updates http://forum.rpc1.com/

As to bin & cue files , I take it your talking game there (check game forums for answers on that) but Nero Burning Rom will burn them files straight off

I do usually use Ritek but I'd imagine Sony DVD-R to be okay quality too m8 : )

Any other questions , holla !