1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'M SO LOST........HELP ME BURN A DVD FROM VIDEOS ON MY COMP!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by droppin88, Feb 9, 2005.

1. droppin88

droppin88 Guest

i am so lost when trying to burn dvd's from my videos on my computer.I have a SONY DRX-710UL double layer burner with the newest NERO burning software. The problem is NERO takes way to long to encode and i cant find a good video encoder to make my video's into DVD format. Also i dont know if i can encode the video then use NERO to burn the DVD.....without it encoding the video AGAIN! I am also lost on the different types of format the videos are, the videos i have are dvd rips and avi. I just need to know what to do from start to finish. (IF YOU REPLY YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER WHO IS HELPING A BURNING AMEATEUR!)

2. Bigfatboy

Bigfatboy Regular member

hi, check out the guides and glossary tabs at the top of page. those pages will help you out alot but you have to put in some time and read.

peace

3. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

What's your idea of "way too long"?

And what part of Nero are you using to encode?

4. hursty

hursty Active member

i agree with bazilla,whom i am assuming agrees with me that converting files to dvd can take a considerable amount of time,depending on the spec of your pc

my old knacker once took approx 20 hrs to compile 1 full dvd.bless it.
    bloody thing about died in the process.....
    hehe

5. droppin88

droppin88 Guest

well in reading the other posts, people in the transcoding problems forums all say that NERO has the slowest encoding rate of any other software, it takes me about 7 hours to encode and burn the movie from videos on my computer using NERO......i just thought there might be a better solution than NERO. Also i have no idea what part of NERO i am using unless u mean the program.......i use nerovision express to make the dvd.

6. Needakip

Needakip Regular member

I only have an athlon XP2800 and Nero will encode from avi etc. between 1 and a half and 2 and a half hours.

7. hursty

hursty Active member

check out the guides at the top of this page for more info on converting software and they uses.

8. hursty

hursty Active member

sorry.double post

Last edited: Feb 10, 2005
  9. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Have you checked the IDE port your burner is on to see if it is in DMA mode? That could really slow things down if not.

Seven hours is longer than normal, in my experience, but without knowing more (what kind of source files, how many and what total size, what the speed of your cpu) it is hard to really say if that is too long or not.

For me, it takes 2-4 hours to encode with source files already mpeg2. I don't know, but it might take longer to encode if the source files are avi or mpeg1.