1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm stumped

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by res2cue, Jul 26, 2007.

1. res2cue

res2cue Guest

made backup of a game using clone cd. The game was roller coaster tycoon 3. Installed using backup copy and everything went fine. After install tried running the game using backup disc and was told to insert the original. Now, I thought Clone was supposed to make an exact copy? I know abou the no-cd fixes, but I'm just real curious as to why the backup was not recognized as the original? Thanks

2. onya

onya Guest

I've used Alcohol 120% for all of my kids games. PC games can often be trickier than PS or PS2. I know for sure that a chip is needed for the latter. When it comes to PC back-ups, you need to do research on the type of protection and how to side step that issue.

Have you tried using the 120% site for info?

When software costs, then I too balk at a purchase untill I'm sure. 120% is one of those that came at a moderate price, and a good reputation. As an app this one is not the be-all and end all, but it's pretty darn good. (bang for your buck...thingy)

PS: The Sims have given me grief on a few occaisions, and some I've not been able to back up. (this must be operator error... :p )

3. res2cue

res2cue Guest

thanks onya... I never really thought about trying 120%, it worked fine doing the backup with clone, just won't play with backup disc... I don't know, it really is a non-issue as I will be using the no-cd exe file for the game but it was just kind of one of those things that bothered me because I didn't get it "perfect" you know? Thanks again