1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm using nero 6.6.0.1, I'm not getting sound when I capture

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by spikestr, Nov 9, 2004.

1. spikestr

spikestr Member

video to my harddrive, only video play on the screen with no sound. Do I need a download from Nero.

2. askyew

askyew Regular member

what are you capturing with? With the aiw series cards from ati you must connect the audio in to your sound card or you will not get any sound when capturing.

3. spikestr

spikestr Member

I'm using ATI all in wonder 9600 and when I capture using ATI the sound works but nero won't recognize the format so I can't burn with the capture from ATI. When I use nero I get no sound but it will burn using mpeg2.

4. askyew

askyew Regular member

I have not tried burning anything that I've captured with the same card. You might want to try capturing into a different format as the aiw supports several different format captures. Just because you are hearing it while capturing doesn't mean you are actually capturing the audio either. You should visit the rage3D forums that have discussions about ati cards. There are several people there that have the same problem with no playback audio. I plug my ati card into the mic plug on my soundcard and always get audio playback with the video captured on my harddrive.