1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ImageBurn/DVDFlick

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by katpeeler, Nov 7, 2010.

1. katpeeler

katpeeler Member

I have several AVI episodes of shows (hour long a piece) trying to put them on dvd. Using DVDFlick Im able to put two of them on one DVD. But then Image burn pops up and says "Unable to find any cells to be used as a layer break"....What can I do to fix this???

2. attar

attar Senior member

Are you burning to a DL disk?
    AFAIK only DVD+R DL allows you to select the layer break, DVD-R DL is fixed.

You might try the ImgBurn Forum to confirm this.

3. katpeeler

katpeeler Member

I am using a Dual Layer Disc.....What is "AFAIK"?

4. attar

attar Senior member

AFAIK it means 'as far as I know'

5. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

should be able to put 2 hours on a s/l disk easily.. that's most probable cause.. iso just ain't big enough to fill one layer let alone 2

6. katpeeler

katpeeler Member

So how can I fix this??....I cant find anything in Imigburn help. Do I need to buy a regular dvdw disk instead of the dual layers??

7. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Probably unless you can rencode the originals at an extremely high bitrate to reach the second layer and not even sure it's possible, think DVD caps out at 9400 (I'd stop at 9000) and most 1 hour episodes only run 40-45 minutes. Another thing to consider is if your player even plays DL, I have 3 and 2 don't.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  8. attar

attar Senior member

Did you create chapter points in DVD Flick - perhaps that would also be a reason for it not finding a break?

9. katpeeler

katpeeler Member

mistycat=====I have a brand new Laptop with a BR burner, so I assume this thing should burn anything I throw at it.

attar====I didnt know I could create chapters with dvdflick. I have been using the program "vobblanker" to make a break. But its now working out for me because NOW Im getting "Power Calibration Area is Full" when I try to burn a disc. BUT if you think making chapters is the way to go where do I make them in DVDFlick....Thanx

10. mistycat

mistycat Active member

11. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

why not shove 3 or 4 on one disk.. should take it over the 2 1/2 hour kinda quality limit for a s/l and into d/l territory..

Chapters has no effect.. the layer break is decided from a cell within a vob or a break between them.. there are usually options.. that's where I get lost because d/l disks are too expensive for me to waste my money on.. I don't use them.. unreliable and expensive

12. katpeeler

katpeeler Member

When I load 2 of my hour shows on DVDFlick it pushes it up to 98% so I dont think it can handle another episode..I am gettin annoyed at the DL disks. I think I will try my hand at SL disks since Ive never done this before...You have to walk before you can run right??

@mistycat, thanx for that link. Ill give that a shot also.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  13. katpeeler

katpeeler Member

Ok....I bought some single layer 4.7g dvd-r disks and used dvdflick to burn 3 episodes to my disk and it worked...problem is that I didnt have chapters between the episodes to go back and forth to the ones I wanted to see. SO I went into the chapter settings and made chapters in between my video sources and now it tells me there isnt enough space. So I tried just using 2 episodes with chapters in between and it STILL tells me I dont have enough space..What am I doing wrong???

14. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Doubt you're doing anything wrong, sounds like DVD Flick isn't playing nice on your machine. Try AvstoDVD (free) or the trial of ConvertXtoDVD (not free and trial leaves a watermark in middle of video).