1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Incorect Disc Format

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bh1ben, Mar 7, 2005.

1. bh1ben

bh1ben Guest

Hi

I followed the guides on making Backup DVD using DVD Decrytper & Clone DVD but when i go to play the film on my DVD Player it says incorect disc format?

Any Ideas??

would be most grateful.

Thanks

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Not sure which guides you are talking about?

I have several at my site (link in sig) you can try. I havent heard of anyone using Decrypter and CloneDVD together, but it can be done that way I know just not sure what guide you are using? If you have CloneDVD the using it in conjunction with AnyDVD would be the way to go IMO.

3. gvrz9

gvrz9 Member

What brand of DVD you are using? I have the same problem: I burned a movie that perfectly playing on computer but not on any of my players.

4. bh1ben

bh1ben Guest

I have tried using MMore DVD-R & e-performance DVD-R!!!!

Exactly the same it plays using WinDVD but in DVD player it says incorrect disc format!

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Jeez guys or gals do a search in here for quality media and you will most likely end up finding Taiyo Yuden's the most preffered. I havent even heard of the brands you have mentioned before? If you buy cheap media don't expect it to work, and if your lucky and it does now don't be surprized when you go to watch that same disk 6 months from now and it doesnt play.

6. bh1ben

bh1ben Guest

Thanks a lot bbmayo,

I just bought "Ritek Datawrite 'optima' DVD-r because they were recommended to me as being one of the best quality for DVD & PS2!

Is this true??

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Ritek is kind of hit or miss lately. They used to be one of the top of the line, but lately that doesnt seem to hold true anymore. The Taiyo Yudens would be the only ones I could recommend with confidence. I do use other brands just for the heck of it, but I wouldnt recommend them only the TY's :)