1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info Request: Setting up my newly chipped Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by durrson, Dec 18, 2004.

1. durrson

durrson Member

Hi, I'm brand new to this forum but before you click off this page, please read on.

I'm getting my Xbox back on Monday (20th) after having it chipped, (Also having the HD upgraded to 120gb).

A friend of a friend has his done too and he's networked his Xbox to the rest of his hardware and can now play mp3's, avi's etc... from his computers through his xbox.

Is there any guide that can show me what software I need, 'how to' guides for setting up and locations of DC hubs where I can download utilities and things?

Thanks for bearing with a newbie.. as I start playing with it now, I'll be back and will hopefully be able to put back in to the community - we've all gotta start somewhere don't we?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2004
  2. danja

danja Member

Check out the tutorials and forums at http://www.xbox-scene.com/

Also ask your friend's friend to show you how to set you box up to stream video etc.

Its really quite simple, but someone with experience can make things much smoother.

Enjoy.