1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installation Serial Number?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by VanHalen5, Mar 10, 2007.

1. VanHalen5

VanHalen5 Guest

I have the share ware version 6.6.14_no_yt
    from this site but when I try to install it, it wont let me without a serial number. If it is share ware, why does it need a serial number?

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

You must be referring to another program. I don't believe Nero is shareware.

3. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

nero has no shareware. you need to purchase a license key (as in, purchase the software) or use something else.

4. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Actually it is called the demo version, after a certain time-usually when the newer version is released, the previous trial serial number won't work. If you have already installed Nero, removed it to bypass the trial period limit, then reinstalled it, it won't work. You need to buy the program and get a permanent serial number.
    www.surpluscomputers.com has Nero 7.0 on sale for as little as $4.99 and free shipping, buy that version, download the update and you'll bet set for life.
    http://www.surpluscomputers.com/store/main.aspx?p=ItemDetail&item=SWW12281
    currently list version 6.0.0.6 for $3.99 free shipping, but must buy some piece of hardware to go with it.
    I'm sure that you can find something in the $5.00 deals that will qualify.

5. VanHalen5

VanHalen5 Guest

Ok, but what is the trial serial number?

6. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i'm not sure there is one at this point in time.

7. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

If you are using a Trial Version, then Nero will allocate a serial number. If your trial period for Nero 6 has expired then you cannot continue using it nor re install it again. You may attempt to use the Nero 7 "Demo" version for a trial and see if that works...once again it will allocate serial number and after trial period you have to purchase the prog or stop using it.
    Nero will advise when trial has ended.