1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installed Aladdin on 1.1, doesn't seem to work...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by ATague, Mar 19, 2005.

1. ATague

ATague Member

My friend installed an Aladdin chip on my version 1.1 and it doesn't seem to be doing anything. When we first installed it, it lit up half grenn and half yellow and would then reboot itself. We could not see anything wrong with the points, but we resoldered it anyway. Now, it will boot to the ms dashboard like nothing is installed. We took my friend's chip out and put it in mine (exact same chip) and it did nothing still. Now, neither of the chips seem to do anything. The Xboxs will boot to the MS dashboard and seem to be in fine working order. Please help, we are both very confused.

2. thadpg

thadpg Member

ok, update...(i'm the friend spoken of) My chip is now once again working in my xbox. We both ordered the chip from the same place, both pre-flashed. on atauge's xbox, if we ground the xbox d0 point, it resets three times, then flashes red and green, with or without the mod-chip. so we re-soldered the d0 point to the aladdin chip, and it boots fine in regular mode, but resets three times and flashes green and red when booting with the chip on. i have used both d0 point's (alternate point on bottom of board) with the same result for each one. I even put my working chip in his xbox with the same result. i'm positive there are no bridge points on either chip. his chip also does not work in my xbox. any help would be appreciated.