1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

intel and nvidia grapics card help :)

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by glitchzoo, Mar 31, 2007.

1. glitchzoo

glitchzoo Regular member

hi
    i have one question:
    what grapics card is better the Intel GMA 950 or the 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 7300 TurboCache™ ?
    please help :) im buying a laptop and i just want to know which one is better for playing games... (not next gen games though games like gta and flight sim)

2. dazila

dazila Regular member

Saying FLight sim is enough if you mean FLight sim X then neither will get you to being able to run it on low.
    Its been said if you can run flight sim X you can run every other game out.
    So none will get you to play Flight Sim.
    the 7300 is better then the 950 but they both suck and would strongly recommend a bit of an upgrade GTA though would run heck i ran VC on medium on an old Pentium 3 with 32mb built in Intel 82815 so you will run SA but no games liek FS X but you can run the FLight Sim 2004 a century of flight whihc is still good but look into upgrading.

3. glitchzoo

glitchzoo Regular member

hmm well thanks for the help then i will go for the laptop with the nividia g-card (unforchetly its dell so it will stop working after a year or so).
    with flight sim x (the latest version?) i ran it perfectly on my computer which only had a nividia 5200 :O which is pritty much ancient!
    but the game ran perfectly! so it should run better on my laptop.

i have also heard that processor speeeds can help grapics acelleration thurther, on my old computer which flight sim x ran perfectly on i had nvidia 5200 , 3.2 ghz intel processor (single core) and 512 mb of ram.

on my new lapop:
    the spec is at: http://configure.euro.dell.com/dell...4647&rbc=N04647&s=dhs&sbc=ukdhsftdhpnotebook1

and its better then my old computer so it should run even better :D

thanks for help :D

4. dazila

dazila Regular member

Either you ran it on low or you ran the demo version which is much less demanding cause i have tried it on a 9600XT and that struggled to ruin it on Near medium.

5. dazila

dazila Regular member

Requirments fopr flight sim X are:
    Min:
    32mb Video card with T&L
    512mb ram
    1ghz CPU
    14gb HDD space
    Recommended:
    256mb Graphics card Preferably Geforce 6800 or above
    1+gb of ram
    3+ghz CPU preferably 3.4ghz
    20gb hDD space
    WIndows XP or vista.

6. glitchzoo

glitchzoo Regular member

i ran he full version on my nvidia 5200!
    of course the grapics went the best but it was playable and the grapics were 'normal like' to me. they didnt look bad ect, i had some trouble running cod2 (with shadoe issues ect) but there wernt any issues with my 5200. my laptop will have a better grapics card anyways :) and evenchally ill get a top of the range grapics card for a desktop pc.

7. dazila

dazila Regular member

If you couldnt run COD 2 on Absolutely all settings High then I doubt it was Flight simulator X I think you might have played FS: A century of Flight which is the one prior to X and still looks good i'd say that one has normal graphics.
    [​IMG]
    COD 2 on high.
    [​IMG]
    Thats FS:X
    [​IMG]
    That is FS:ACOF which i think might be the one you played.