1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

internet connection

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by rtrg, Oct 11, 2013.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

For the past few days, EXCLUDING today, My computer loses internet connectivity. In the system tray a warning appears and REPAIR may or may not work. Also when I try to search the results page does not come up nor does any web site. In addition my mail client icon starts to MOVE as opposed to being STEADY until an email comes in when it FLASHES. All indicators that I need to reboot. This solves the issue until it reappears. EXCEPT today. I have been using this tower for several hours with no issue. Is it possible that my ISP had intermittent issues at THEIR end? Rebooting the modem and router was never an issue. It was always rebooting the tower that fixed the issue. Any insight would be welcome. At one point I installed a net card assuming the on board connection had an issue. I have not reconnected the on board yet. If the issue returns I will try that.

2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

virus,malware seems the obvious one.
    i had similar issues cause a system update didnt install properly.after reboot several times it installed and works.
    extreme weather can affect signals at your end and at the isp end.
    line damage can also happen.

3. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

Thanks for the insight. As of today the system is again up and running after a good nights rest. I will use it most of the day. So far so good.