1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internet Radio Signals

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Swegnson, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Swegnson

Swegnson Newbie

I'm wondering if someone out there can explain how internet radio signals are captured at the front end and thus why or how they are apparently inconstant and variable. I would have thought that internet radio signals would be pretty much the same quality at the front end but that does not appear to be the case. I can have a solid signal on some stations at my internet radio receiver and yet have a very poor quality signal on others. And which are good and which are poor varies day by day.

2. keebles

keebles Regular member

Are you talking about streaming radio stations? If you are, it could be the source of the station is not strong enough or has issues.

Say the station you are listening to is us only available over the air and someone decides to hook their Radio up to their computer and stream it over the internet( some people do that with foreign radio stations). If their signal gets screwed up do to interference, so will yours. If it is a paid service such as xm radio, I would contact provider and report a issue. Something might have been changed or broken on their side.