1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

InterVideo avi problem and encoding

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by deckoff, Feb 4, 2005.

1. deckoff

deckoff Guest

Hi, I have a few videoes encoded with InterVideo( or Gspot says so, at least). I can't playback em nicely ( I use ffdshow, and have DivX too) and want to re-encode em to divX. VirtualDub and TMPGEnc won't recognize the streams. So waht am I to do, to re-encode these videos?
    !0x

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Encoded with InterVideo? What is the actual fourCC of the file?

3. deckoff

deckoff Guest

Well, GSpot says: n.a. But when I render the file, it says that InterVideo decoders were able to play the file, and indeed, WinDVD will play the file nicely, but any other player will not.

4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

So it is an avi without a fourCC for the video? Can't really see how that works.

5. deckoff

deckoff Guest

Sorry, I am really stupid, it is an Mpeg 2 video, I updated GSpot, and read what I nave written.
    It is actaually an mpeg file, which plays badly with my player QCD, on mplayer too,(playes slower than normal) and is ok on WinDVD. GSot says it is an CVD(whatever that it is PAL 4:3 CDV.
    When I try to open it with virtualdub and TMPGEnc I get an error. I may post the error if needed.
    10x for the help in advance

6. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Regular VirtualDub can't open MPEG2. Have you tried VirtualDubMod or VirtualDubMPEG2?

Can you open it with DGIndex and create a D2V?