1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

InterVideo WinDVR - Better substitute?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Label2021, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Label2021

Label2021 Member

I currently am using this peirce of software to capture S-Video input and watch in real time. The audio, should be captured through the RCA jacks, but my Hauppauge WinTV PVR-250 never seemd to have any driver that supported capturing audio thorugh the RCA input, only video. Then I got a converter (red and white RCA to 3.5mm headphone jack) so I could capture audio from sound card. Now this actually works, except WinDVR 3 will NOT playback the audio its receiving, it only captures it to a mpeg file if I was to record. Another problem is that the S-video quality I get from capturing with this software is HORRIBLE, I would say it is a bit worse than regular RCA input (which isnt good)

The basic thing I am doing, is playing my Xbox or PS2 or Gamecube through my PC monitor and having the program makes it available for me to capture video quickly if needed. Intervideo isnt really sufficing that well, is there any other software that can capture s-video AND audio from the linin of a sound card, play it back in REAL TIME, and also offer true s-video quality? I have been on this issue for months and cant find a substitute. Help would be very appreciated.

Now I am using the Hauppauge WinTV PVR-250 BeyondTV Roslyn edition, if it is just that this card sucks bad for s-video quality and no rca audio support, then is there another (not extremely expensive...) PVR card that has software that will do what I want. Also, this other PVR card does not need TV tuner support, since I already have one for that.

Thank you all for the support, I hope I get this figured out!

-LabeL-

2. Label2021

Label2021 Member

-= ?bump? =-