1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPod constantly corrupted

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by mel86, May 15, 2011.

1. mel86

mel86 Member

Hi

I've had my ipod classic for a few years and had few (if any) problems. Lately though, about 3/4 of the time I connect it to my PC i get this msg:

iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPod. Go to the Summary tab in iPod preferences and click Restore to restore this iPod to factory settings.

I've restored the iPod, uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes, changed the cord, tried different usb ports...all have been unsucessful.

The songs etc are still there (the memory usage indicates this) and using instructions I've found online, I've recovered the songs. But its frustrating having to do this each and every time I want to add 1 song.

Is there any fix for this problem. Why is this happening constantly? I'm at a loss!

Thanks!!

2. Mez

Mez Active member

Your problem could be one of many. Maybe you have a virus. I would scan both your computer and your ipod with malwarebytes.

If you don't find a virus then I would suspect itunes has gone 'rouge'. I would uninstall itunes from your computer leaving all the data in tack. Either download some simple free ware sync app like sharepod or go to the top sticky in the audio forum. Near the bottom is a link to a review of about 50 sync apps. Pick a free one and intal that. See if that solves the problem. Reply to this thread in eaither case.

Good luck!

3. Pshell89

Pshell89 Member

you can also google some program that scan and repair iPod corruption without losing the data stored on it.

4. Jasematt

Jasematt Member

Have had same probs after upgrading I-Tunes. This worked for me but you will wipe the I-Pod of all music
    1) Press & Hold Menu & Centre button to restart Pod
    2) When Apple LOGO appears press & hold Play & Centre Button ( This puts it into Disc Mode
    3)Goto Computer & right click on whatever drive the I-pod is connected to, and click on format, This wipes the I-Pod of all software
    4)Plug back into I-Tunes & it will say it needs formatting, click on ok then restore unit from I-Tunes

5. Jasematt

Jasematt Member

Have had same probs after upgrading I-Tunes. This worked for me but you will wipe the I-Pod of all music
    1) Press & Hold Menu & Centre button to restart Pod
    2) When Apple LOGO appears press & hold Play & Centre Button ( This puts it into Disc Mode
    3)Goto Computer & right click on whatever drive the I-pod is connected to, and click on format, This wipes the I-Pod of all software
    4)Plug back into I-Tunes & it will say it needs formatting, click on ok then restore unit from I-Tunes