1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipod Repair

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by clay7676, Aug 5, 2007.

1. clay7676

clay7676 Regular member

Hi, I am very close to sending my Ipod (4g)(30gb)off to a company that claims they fix Ipod screens for 60 bucks. First off, I would like to know if anyone has any feedback from this website or knows anything at all about it. The website is: http://www.ipod-lcd-repair.com/, I've called them to ensure that there safe. And from all the research that I have done i'm pretty sure that they're safe but it doesn't hurt to know more. And one more thing: they claim also that for an extra 15 dollars they will fix your battery. Now, pretending that I do end up trusting the website and I do send it off I would like to know if I should get a new battery. I mean i've used it for a year and as far as i know the battery works pretty well. But I can't really see the battery logo because my screens broke...So You know what ever you know or can say will help.

Thank you.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2007
  2. Pride1

Pride1 Regular member

I've never sent my ipod for screen repair (i take reaaally good care of my ipod that its scary) but $60 seems overpriced but thats just my opinion, like i said i've never sent my ipod for screen or any kind of repair so i wouldn't really know

As for the battery IMO if it ain't broke don't fix it

3. tyrantdj

tyrantdj Regular member

just buy a screen off ebay and replace it yourself. it's easy and cheaper

4. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

Have you tried restoring your iPod? This CAN fix buggy screens if it is a problem with the software. If it is actually cracked, I wouldn't send it to that site. Anybody can make a site look legit, but doesn't mean it is. Read up on replacing it yourself and find a new screen online. Much cheaper and safer.

5. clay7676

clay7676 Regular member

I really am not a type of person who can replace a screen, and i called this place and talked to them and they seem ligit, and if you navigatethrough they're website you can see even better tha it looks ligit, i mean 60 bucks... no big.

6. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

Well you asked for an opinion, and that's mine, to not send it there.