1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPod Video SNAFU's

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by filsner, Jul 25, 2007.

1. filsner

filsner Member

I am having a similar problem with my 30gb ipod vid. I can play my movies in itunes (downloaded and added to itunes library in mp4 format) but when I transfer them, I cant watch them. THere is that infamous blank screen and then it goes back to the last menu.
    Also, i noticed a while back I had this problem with my photo's. I could view the thumbs on my ipod. BUt when I started a slide show, the same blank screen came up and returned to the menu.
    I am also noticing that it did the same for 4 out of 10 MP3 files that were part of an Anne Frank audiobook. Why would 4 of these files play and 6 refuse to do so.
    *note: there seems to be a small exclaimation point on the left of the file name. (not in the itunes library, but under my ipods library.

PS> I apologize for the lenght, but I hoped someone here would see this and recognize one detail and help. Thats what were here for anyway, right?

2. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

Try updating to the latest firmware, for the earlier ones seem sort of buggy. This can be easily done with iTunes. If this doesn't work, then you'll have to try to restore your iPod which deletes the files, but you can re-add them as long as you have a copy in your computer or iTunes. This can also be easily done with iTunes.

3. filsner

filsner Member

Hey Jaz,
    Me again, I hope I am not bothering you. I am no PC/Mac Wiz Kid, but I can get around most software through trial and mostly error.LOL

But, I seem to have started having these problems post Itunes 7 upgrade.
    Any particular reason? Just last night I had to uninstall QTime and reinstall, because of transfer issues. I have about had it with my ipod. I would toss it, but its got 30gb of my media life on it.

Thanks for the time and help

4. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

You're not bothering, that is what I'm here for. ;-)

So I'm assuming you have the latest firmware on your iPod installed? If so, than restore it and it should fix the bugs that you are explaining.

I don't THINK it is a problem with iTunes, because it is transferring right but not playing on the iPod. A restore to clean it out should be what fixes it.

Hope all goes good.