1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipod wont Restore

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by watsupyo, Feb 8, 2008.

1. watsupyo

watsupyo Guest

ok so over christmas break my sister went to plug in her ipod and itunes told her that something was wrong and ipod needed to be restored so we clicked the restore button as soon as it turns back on the ssame message comes back up no matter how many times we've tryed this we've also done every reseting uninstalling reinstalling junk there is possible we even sent it back to apple and they said nothing was wrong with it and it still does this from what ive read it might be the current firmware cause it was having other issues but we're all really ticked off so we need some help with this one

im also open to suggestions that may have to do with her computer but my ipod works fine on it and her ipod works on my coputer so im convinced its an issue with both

ipod model is white 5g video

2. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

first make sure you have the newest version of itunes, try to reinstall itunes as well, then set the ipod to disk mode, by holding menu and select, until ipod turns off, then immediately release menu and hold down play and select until you see a check on the ipod screen, open itunes and connect the ipod, and just follow the instructions on the screen. Good Luck.

3. watsupyo

watsupyo Guest

i tryed all this already thats what i meant by tryed all the reseting reinstalling and stuff but thanks anyway

4. r47h

r47h Member

i have the same problem. i'll update if i find a fix... i dont think its anything to do with your computer so don't uninstall anything (unless its itunes)

my guess is that a core file in the ipod went corrupt and apple is just dumb like always :)

5. watsupyo

watsupyo Guest

Yeah i was under the impression that it was a core file firmware issue because ever since the newest one came out iver herd this problem alot and before the new firmware my ipod worked with my 360 and i updated now it doesnt work anymore so im thinkin when apple updates the software both our ipods should work