1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to create a FTP/TCP connection to the GameCube?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by L-Burna, Nov 1, 2004.

1. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I was wondering if there is a way to setup a FTP server,to access the inside of the GameCube.I think it would be cool to look inside and see everything,might give away some secret in there as for the booting code.I was trying to get a direct link inside of it,but is it possible.I have FlashFXP available right now.I am just trying to figure out what ports can I gain access to it if any or is it not possible.

2. Mr69ways

Mr69ways Guest

Good question. Does the Gamecube BBA have a valid IP or MAC Address. Will my router automatically hand it a IP Address? If so, I know it will not help get access to the gamecube file system but maybe info could be used for something else (network/packet sniffing).

3. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Exactly man,there has to be a way to tunnel into the actual GameCube.If people are creating software around the GameCube that involves streaming n such.I think there has to be a way to gain access into the actual Cube to even spot these certain ports or anything that is involved on streaming using PSO and BBA method.

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I think it has to do with the actual game,but I could be wrong.If the server for that is only sending 10MBytes off at a time,why not setup a server that way you can send constantly at a good speed.Instead of using the actual server off the game.I think Icemonkey could help out,but I haven't heard from him in awhile.

5. Clete2

Clete2 Member

This isn't what you want, but you can use http://gc-linux.org/ and apt-get install an ftp server.

Pretty fun to toy around with :).
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2004