1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a good camera

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by fknlow, Mar 10, 2007.

1. fknlow

fknlow Member

2. Jerryp48

Jerryp48 Member

I have a two Sony camcorders and a Panasonic with 3CCD. The Panasonic takes poor video in low light, the Sonys much better. Go to Google and look up camcorder reviews like Camcorderinfo.com or digitalcamera .

3. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

The PV-GS320 is a very good camcorder with good performance and brilliant colors. But if shooting in low light conditions is important I would not go for a 3CCD camcorder. 3CDD camcorders will result in much better images, but the issue is that the light is split in the three primary colors using a prism. This will result in loss of light.

4. fknlow

fknlow Member

Thank you so much I really appreciate it.
    Do any of you know of one you would recomend specifically for good night footage. thanks again. This is a great website

5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I would recommend you buy a camera from a camera manufacturer rather than a Stereo or TV maker. Sony may be an exception. I would go to a BB and look at the Canons, Sonys and other good camera brands. Take pictures with them and see for youself what the quality is like. Remember these salespeople know very little more about the products than you do. If you do your homework you'll know more then them.

6. fknlow

fknlow Member

yeah that makes sence ill keep looking thanks

Last edited: Mar 12, 2007
  7. Jerryp48

Jerryp48 Member

Sony captures good at 5 lux and with SuperNightshot( infrared ) can capture in zero lux.

8. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

I don't support this opinion. There are actually no manufacturers that do everything in house, so what other types of products a certain manufacturer delivers does not mean all that much. For example: Canon is a company with a string position in optics. Sony is a typical electonics company, but in many of ther camcorders they use Carl Zeiss optics, which is one of the leading companies in optics. And don't underestimate Panasonic: in the last 5 years they have built up a very strong reputation in camcorders.
    The best thing that you can do is select a couple of models based on some rough specifications and your budget, select a couple of models based on that. Next go to http://www.camcorderinfo.com and read the reviews of the selected models.

9. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I would think a camera company has a lot more experience putting all the pieces together and getting them to work properly. Everyone's entitled to their opinion tho.