1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this hard disk ok?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by TY4ever, Apr 5, 2007.

1. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

Hi!I would like to know what you guys think about the Maxtor SATA 320GB with 16MB cache.Because i've just ordered one and tomorrow i'll be getting delivery but i've seen some comments where people say that Maxtor is not so good compared to seagate hard disks.What you guys think about that?Or should i try to change it with the seagate one?

Thanks.

Vincent.

2. Nelmeco

Nelmeco Regular member

Personally I prefer Seagate. I ordered a refurbished Maxtor 40gb hard drive, and in two days it was dead, but thats just my opinion.

3. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

The maxtor i've ordered is a brad new one and it comes with a three years waranty by the manufacturer(i guess it's by seagate as it has taken oven maxtor).So anyone else can confirm me if the model i'm getting is a good one or bad?

4. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

It should be fine, the drives are basically the same nowadays.

5. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

Thanks for clearing my mind about this,i was kind of worried because there were some mixed reviews on the maxtor but also on the seagate(because now the drives are being made in china and not in singapore),but now i guess it's alright.I'll give it a try hoping it will serve me flawlessly like my actual maxtor 80gb ATA hard disk,anyway if things turn wrong,i would still have the warranty.

Vincent.