1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this just a case of bad media or have I gone wrong....

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Sutmae, May 29, 2004.

1. Sutmae

Sutmae Member

Hi guys, got a ND2500 yesterday and a pack of cheapo, unbranded, disks.

I chose Stuck On You as my first disk to try and backup. I used DVD Shrink 3.1 and Nero 6 to rip and burn. No problems there but it did take longer than I thought it would.

I can play it on the DVDRW and my DVDROM but I`m having trouble with my standalone DVD player. If I put the disk in 10 times it might work twice, the DVD player just dosnt find the disk. Once it has started playing though it works great, no skips or anything.

I was using DVD-r and my DVD player is a Alba DVD103

Thanks to everyone,

Sutmae

2. KoolAid7

KoolAid7 Guest

Had the same problem. Mine would work on my puters but not in the living room. I changed brands (went from liquid video to fujifilm) and now they work every where.
    I am very new at this howvere, but I believe it is disk related.

3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Unless you can be sure of the quality of unbranded media it's best to stick with a quality brand that you know for sure is good such as ritek or verbatim. You can itentify the media you are using with Nero info tool or DVD Decrypter. To use Decrypter, you open DVD Decrypter, insert a blank dvd-r/+, select Mode, ISO, and Read.

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

5. Sutmae

Sutmae Member

Thanks to everyone, I checked the disk with DVD Decrypter and it game a manufacture id of AN31. Seems to be a generic code I`ve seen several brands for sale with this code.