1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iso to archos

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Alky, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Alky

Alky Member

Hello, maybe someone can help with this, (sorry if i'm posting in the wrong section)...

I need to extract ISO files (.bin) to an archos friendly format. In the past I have done this by using ISO buster to Extract MPEG Filtering on M2f2 frames or whatever... This only works sometimes, and often the software supplied with the archos can't read the avi that is extracted from the ISO. It says no video frames found in file or something to that effect, even though the file will play on my PC. Also sometimes the AVI extraction makes it so I can't fastforward or rewind the AVI that is produced.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Did you try the more user-friendly VCDGear (cue/bin --> mpeg)? Usually it ignores if the AVSEQ01.MPG/DAT which is inside the disk is a mpeg-2 or a mpeg-1.
    Avoid AVI extraction, sometimes you risk to extract it so badly that there no info on which kind of AVI it is...

3. Alky

Alky Member

aldaco12, thank you for that advice, the VCD Gear software is much nicer.

Is there anyway around using the MPEG4 Translator software that Archos supplies, to convert MPEGs/AVIs to simple avi format so that the Archos can play the files? That software is soooooooo slow....

Thanks