1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isobuster Question

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by jah711, Jan 1, 2004.

1. jah711

jah711 Regular member

When you open an .iso file with Isobuster to view the file content and no files appear, Does that mean that the .iso file is no good?

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

How big of a file is the iso you're attempting to extract? When you load the iso you should see the entire contents of the iso over to your right.

Shoey :)

3. jah711

jah711 Regular member

The file is 700MB. Nothing shows up on the right side of ISObuster when I try to extract the files.

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

On the left hand side of the program, have you 'expanded' the entries as much as possible? Does anything show up when you start clicking on each of the entries?

5. jah711

jah711 Regular member

Nothing appears when I click on any of the entries, Session nor track. These are the only two entries that show on the left side after I expand. Still no files appear.

6. Praetor

1. Try opening the ISO with something like CDMage (Mode1/2048)
    2. I would hazard a guess that the ISO is no good

7. jah711

jah711 Regular member

CDMAGE states there are errors in the file system, content may be displayed incorrectly. And still doesn't show any files. So I guess that means the .iso in no good...right?

8. Praetor

That would definitely be a safe bet. If you can, although with ISO's i dont think you can, go Actions --> Scan for Corruption and see if CDMage can fix it for you (make a backup copy first). Safe bet though that the ISO is el-toasto

9. dudemagma

dudemagma Member

Ok a couple questions sbout CDMage:

1) How do you change it to 1/2048 mode as mentioned earlier?
    2) I tried opening several ISOs (one of them I know for sure is good) in CDMAge and got this error: "File length does not match sector boundary", what does this mean?

10. dudemagma

dudemagma Member

Ok I tried several things, it opens in Raw image (*.iso) format, but now I get errors on the assumed type of iso. I tried all of the options (cd-rom, mixed CD, audio CD, video CD), but it comes up saying that it isn't the right type so try again. What now?

11. Praetor

1. With CDMage u dont "change" anything to Mode1/2048. You "interpret" the file as Mode1/2048 (and hence dont change anything). If you try to open using another format then odds are you wont be able to open it. In either case, you shouldnt have to do much to open the file via CDMage (open CDMage, drag and drop, select the default method - should be Mode1/2048 and presto).

2. You get that error if you have selected the wrong way of interpreting the file.