1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jade Empire

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by tankpower, Apr 13, 2005.

1. tankpower

tankpower Regular member

I just bought the collector's edition Jade Empire (great game so far!).

For some reason, though, the 2nd disc will not work on my softmodded Xbox. This disc has some demos and trailers, as well as an extra character for JE, but it gives me an error if I "Launch DVD" from Evox. If I start up with the disc already in the drive, I get some weird green "Service this xbox" warning screen and my light flashes red - yikes. Any ideas?

Also, I have room for one xbox game on my standard hd, in addition to the stuff already there. I ftp'd my hacked DOA over to my computer so I can load Jade onto the Xbox and cut load times (which aren't that bad, actually). However, DOA is like 4 gigs whereas JE is 6.something. Should I ftp JE to pc, delete some unnecessary files, and then ftp back over to "Games" on the box? Is that even worth the improved performance? If so, what files?

Whew, lotsa words.

2. phil31169

phil31169 Regular member

i have just read that J.E deletes games menu ect in evox menu, have you launched the game from evox without problems or do you have a switchable modchip or what? i do have a switchable mod (on/off) and am considering buying this game but not until this rumor is quashed or proven. let me know eh?

3. phil31169

phil31169 Regular member

more info i found on usenet from an nfo concerning the bonus disk.
    the nfo was for the monk character which they posted as a seperate download presumably to be ftp'ed to the J.E. folder

"Here's the Monk content from the Jade Empire
    Bonus DVD, without the hassle of downloading
    all the extra, rather crappy movies and demos
    which go along with it. This version also
    doesn't try and update your dashboard when
    you first run it. Nice ^-^"

4. showan

showan Regular member

I have played Jade EMpire for about an hour now and Had no problems loading the game. I have not had any menu settings deleted. I think that is all bulls**t. I have an xbox that has been TSOP flashed (is that the same thing as soft modded?) and When I tried to play the bonus content disc I got an error as well. This thing happened when I was playing "Playboy - The Mansion" on my xbox and what I did to solve it was go into my ssytem settings and in the section where it says VIDEO MODE on mine it says North American NTSC, underneath that is something called GAME REGION and you can cange the settings for this. Yours is probably set to auto or default like mine was. When I changed it to NTSC mode I tried playing the bonus disc again and it booted up fine. Give that a try and see if it works.

As for backing up the game...I'm still trying to find that out. Someone post ASAP! Thanks. Hope I was of some help to you guys.

5. paymenow

paymenow Guest

what the hell is all this.
    im downloading J-E right now.
    i dont think theres anything that screws up menus.
    but anyways....
    im geting it from eliteweb3t and i need the password
    can someone reply to this thread the password

6. cb1234

cb1234 Member

Occasionally a game comes out that will attempt to update your dashboard automatically. If you have a non-MS dashboard installed, it will get clobbered.

It's easily fixed, as long as your modchip has a built-in FTP server. If not, you can always pop EvoX or Avalaunch or (your favourite dashboard) onto a DVD-R and boot it from the DVD-ROM drive and then fix your 'box.

I'm having the same problem with the bonus disc -- but was getting a different error message. Will try the region fix mentioned above first.