1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jerky picture with cce 2.62 and nero 4X speed

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Dyvel, Sep 17, 2003.

1. Dyvel

Dyvel Member

Hi folks...
    I'm new to this forum, but very glad that it's here. Now I have a bit of a problem. I used to do fine svcd's but now my picture jerks up on my standalone marantz dvdplayer. The svcd I made erlier are still perfekt on the player, so the problem is not the player. I've read some of the other threads inhere and tried to burn at the lowest possible speed (4X) but that did not help at all.

I's like the image is a bit wider that what the tv can show and then it is jerking around.

I'm using dvd2svcd together with CCE 2,62 (I used cce2.5 some time ago)<- could cce 2.62 be the problem ?

---------------
    under dvd2svcd cce advanced settings I have the following:

linear quantizer scale : check
    zigzag scanning order: chech
    progressive frames: check

No color cenversion

GOP settings:

M=3, N/M=4, SEQ header every: 1

Thats is... I really hope there is a solution to my problem. As I said, I've read a lot of posts here and searched google, but nothing that seemed to help me.

Regards
    Daniel

2. Dyvel

Dyvel Member

could the reason be the lack of aspi drivers... ?

3. Dyvel

Dyvel Member

I can tell you that the aspi drivers was not the case. But I did some more research and changed fra anamorphic to 4:3 conversion( it was a 16:9 movies - still had borders in preview) and changed field order in cce to bottom field first and voila! - all perfect. Now I will try with field order: automatic again to narrow down my problem to the anamorphic aspect ratio... I hope.

Daniel

4. Magic

Magic Member

In my experience a jerky picture means one of the following...

1. You are converting with the wrong frames per second...i.e your AVI is a NTSC Film and you are converting it to a PAL...
    2. You are converting with a low bitrate. Try to keep the bitrate as high as possible to fit on your disk(s). The higher the bitrate the less jerky the picture is. I'm not really that familiar with CCE, but using TMPG I go for 2000Kbps (never below 1800) and if you can use VBR convertion.
    3. Buring at to high a speed
    4. Sh!t Media
    5. Old CD Burner...(It happened to me)

Hope this helps...or at least points you in the right direction.