1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joining MPEG or VOB files together

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by vicfene, May 23, 2004.

1. vicfene

vicfene Member

I would like to join together say 4 or 5 mpeg 2 or vob files to give me 1 MPEG 2 file. I copy my analog files to Pioneer 7000 DVD which produces excellent quality, but as I have to include menus, I hope to capture them from DVD to DVD Workshop 2 which it does well enough saving them to MPEG 2. Fine but when I put them in a menu I get a split second pause in between each segmented file. If I get 1 big file there will be no problem. But Workshop does not recognise VOB files so it has to be 1 big MPEG 2 file. Any suggestions re programms that can do i or is there another way about it?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

There is very little differance between Vob files and Mpeg2 files..So little differance that you can simply rename the .vob to .mpg....If you have a Bunch of Mpeg2 files or Vob files that you would like to Join into one Big Mpeg2 file you can easilly do this useing a Good Mpeg editor Like "Womble Mpeg2VCR" or the "Womble Mpeg Video Wizard" ...The Mpeg2/Vob files you want to join together must have the same specifications like the same Resolution and audio format.....Cheers