1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a Little Heads Up for some...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by big_g-man, Jan 20, 2005.

1. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

i rented the movie "the chronicles of riddick" (by the way a totally bad ass movie) and went to play it in my xbox. as soon as i boot up with the disc in, i see an original dash screen with a box saying that it was connecting to xbox live to update my xbox even though i do not have xbox live, although i have do have DSL.
    i just posted this because i hadn't read about it anywhere else so those of you who don't boot to an "evoxdash.xbe" but boot to an "xboxdash.xbe", this movie will overwrite your dashboard. if this is old news, sorry. i thought it was interesting how microsoft has started using movies to combat us modders.

2. 2sweet4u

2sweet4u Regular member

Any way around this, because I actually own this movie.

3. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

i use a bios that supports "evoxdash.xbe" (most bios's do) so if you simply rename the dash you want to use to "evoxdash.xbe", you should be okay because this movie will cause your "xboxdash.xbe" to be replaced with the good ol' m$ dash. my xbox was basically unaffected by this for that reason. i just wanted to throw this information out there.