1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just converted avi. file to mpeg but won't fit on cd-r

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by raverkris, May 18, 2004.

1. raverkris

raverkris Guest

i just converted my avi. file to mpeg using the TMPGEnc program but the mpeg size is 90min, way over the 80 min cd-r limit. is there any way where i can fit my 90 min mpeg file to one cd or do I have to put it on 2 cds. please reply. thank you for your time

2. shiroh

shiroh Guest

i think 80 min thing works for cd audio, but whatever.

check the filesize. a cd, 700MB, if your file is just a tad big, clip the unnecessary parts. otherwise you need to put on 2 cd. which i think you need to for a 90 minute length.

in Tmpgenc under file, select mpeg tools. merge and cut. use that.

3. andyfrank

andyfrank Regular member

the thing with cd-rs is that it can take 700mb of data and 80 min of music...music on a cd is always the same bitrate so each minute is always going to be the same size on every single thing so therefore 80 min of music is 700 mb give or take about a mb or so

4. raverkris

raverkris Guest

what i meant was avi. to vcd using TMPGEnc but it won't fit on cd-r. if I cut my video file which is 90 min. can i merge it onto one cd or do i have to burn it on 2 cds. if i have to split it to 2 cds, how do i burn it out to 2 cds. please reply thank you for your time.

5. andyfrank

andyfrank Regular member

well u can adjust all the settings i think on tmpgenc