1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Don't Get it??

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Tick20, Dec 17, 2003.

1. Tick20

Tick20 Member

Ok iv'e compressed a DVD using DVD X Copy Plat and now it's size is 4.36Gb now when i go to do a straight copy in Nero 6 it just spits out my blank DVD and says this disk is not large enough to copy please insert a larger disk????but why when i have compressed it,i can do straight copy's of uncompressed DVD's no problem please help it's doing ma nut in cheers.

2. BORILEY

BORILEY Guest

TRY USING THE SIMPLE METHOD WITHOUT GOING TO NERO. MY DVD X COPY HAS A BOX WHICH SAYS FULL DISC CHECK AND COPY USING DVD X COPY. JUST THAT SIMPLE! DON'T BOTHER WITH NERO

3. BORILEY

BORILEY Guest

CHECK FOR TDF FILES

4. Tick20

Tick20 Member

Don't get ya m8??i can't do a straight copy on DVD x copy as it wont read my compressed copy i think it only reads original DVDs not sure and can you tell me what TDF files are as i am a newbie hence i'm in this section cheers!!

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Tick20,

DVD XCopy, only handles original DVD's not ripped files. Reinsert your original DVD and let DV D Xpress do it's thing.

If you want to work with files use DVDShrink, open the program, then click "Open File", trace your path back to where you have your VIDEO_TS folder and Shrink will handle it for you.
    Cheers,
    "P"

BORILEY,

Could you PLEASE stop yelling, it's giving us a headache.
    Thanks ever so,
    "P"

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi guys, If you are trying to copy a copy, all you need is any disc to disc copy program as in Nero, Roxio or Recordnow. X copy software won't re-copy its self.
    Hi Pete, I see we're up and running again.
    Jerry

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

I'm a-hangin'n in there Frank,

I think he's tried to send his VIDEO_TS folder to Nero and it's not working.

Tick20,
    If you haven't, try that, put all your files in a folder named [bold]VIDEO_TS[/bold] (written exactly like that). Nero just LOVES VIDEO_TS folders, it's Nero's favorite food.

Install it in New Compilation (in the second window from the left). Make sure the window is empty first by clicking VIDEO_TS in the lefthand window.

You should be good to ride then,

Merry Xmas all,
    "P"_X_X_X_X_X_[small]The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent 4 CPU 2.80GHz, 1GB RAM.
    340GB HD, 7200 (Maxtor 120, Western 200 & 20.
    4 Drives, JLMS DVD ROM, HP DVD Writer 200j,
    Nec 4X DVD RW ND-1300A & AXV CD/DVD-ROM.
    GeForce4 Ti 4200-128MB, OS– XP sp1.[/small]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2003
  8. BORILEY

BORILEY Guest

sorry i had a problem with a virus but i found out the had way that it only works with original dvd's

9. BORILEY

BORILEY Guest

and i'm not yelling now

10. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Hey Tick,

I had the same problem with Nero 6 but I was able to easily copy it with InstantCopy 8.

You could get and try burnatonce, a great free, uncomplicated burning app.
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/burnatonce.php

11. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi MysticE, I tried burnatonce a while ago but couldn't get it to burn +R media (I have a big stack of the stuff.) I assumed it was not compatible with + media. I'll take another look at the site and see if they have a compatibility list. What media are u using?
    bye,
    Frank

12. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Hey Frank,

You are correct,just checked, no +'s for burnatonce. I will have to temper my recommendations.

13. Tick20

Tick20 Member

Cheers guys for the advice it's ok now cause i found a nice little program called RecordNow Max it worked great i'm a happy bunny now :)you seem to have more control with this program must admit i like it more than nero 6 cheers again.
    i'm glad i found this site i seem to be poppin in now and again just to read a few posts nice site!