1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just got a philips 50PF9431D/37B

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Icebear51, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Icebear51

Icebear51 Member

well i just got a plasma TV (used one) that was bought in 2006 well i got it home and hooked everything No burns great pic but i noticed there is red green and blue dots on the bottom of the screen and after about 15-20mins of use of the tv or if i just leave it on a black screen the dots will go away (they only show in RLY black areas and not in color areas) well that is one problem and im also wondering if this TV is more effctive to Burn in from video games? becuase i will not be using this tv for watching cable this tv will mostly be used for Xbox 360 and wii..... and one more thing this tv has 1080I and i have my xbox hooked via HDMI cored and was wondering if 1080I or 720P will be better for this TV

(also went thru that little HD tv guide and i couldent find my Tv in there)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  2. Greddy87

Greddy87 Member

For starters i do believe the dots ur experiancing, could be the tv that isnt refreshing the pixels like its supposed to.. If ur worry about burning ur screen, leave it on pause but change the input on the tv.. For ex: Ur on HDMI, you pause the game and change it to video-2.. Another thing leave the tv picture settings to factory.. Theres also a few options incase what ur seeing in ur HDMI gaming screen isnt bright enough.. You could use cinematic, Vivid, Cool picture options under ur tv menu options..It might have differant names, im using the ones on my Sony Lcd.. Hdmi connection is simple.. Make sure u have a newer Xbox-360 model, the 2006 models didnt have a hdmi port..Also make sure you have proper wiring.. Also make sure you know what HDmi port u have connected ur xbox to..U might experiance a black screen and then the system should adjust the image to hdmi..1080i is better then 720p.. I am running my xbox elite at 1080i... Good Luck..!