1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just got new 2 sheep burner a plextor premium

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by keithyb, Jan 16, 2004.

1. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

can make a backup with blindwrite and twinpeak.... but if I uninstall the blindwrite it will not work..but program lets it work on every cd rom drive on any computer..blah

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

And Praetor wonders why I literally despise "red beer"(Alcohol 120) and not a huge fan of Blindwrite 5(with the exception of backing up SecuROM). "Autoplay" is written when you "write" using Alcohol 120 or Blindwrite unless you disable(Alcohol 120>settings>somewhere...). The Blindwrite Tweaker is causing problems for you so I recommend uninstalling. (for now)I use CloneCD& FireBurner to backup Safedisc cd protection simply because there is no "autoplay" written (embedded) with CloneCD. It is confirmed that CloneCD is a "hit& miss" when backing up Safedisc cd protection with "certain" "2 sheep burners"(Memeorex 52MAXX is one of them) when writing with CloneCD. This is where FireBurner comes in and majority of the time fixes this issue. My advice, use CloneCD and FireBurner (if needed) for backing up Safedisc and BlindWrite 4.5.7 (for now) because the latest BlindWrite 5 5.07 has some "bugs" in the topo extract when backing up SecuROM 4.85& up. Use Daemon Tools for your virtual stealth drive emulater and you're good to go. After uninstalling Blindwrite 5 reboot and then go to add& remove programs and make sure pattin coffin is uninstalled (if applicable).

Shoey :)
    _
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Afterdawn forum rules
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Mobo: MSI KT4VL-6712,CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2500+,Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700),nVidia GeForce FX5600(256MB DDR),Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd,WD 80 gig external USB 2.0 [/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2004
  3. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

Do I have to use fireburner and clone cd together? Or did try them seperatly?
    Thanks for all your help man it appreciated

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

You won't know until you read the image& burn using CloneCD(in and of itself) then play the backup in your dvd\cd-rom. If it fails to play , then you use FireBurner and burn the image again. Using CloneCD, use options "fast skip error on, read sub-q channel dat& audio (won't hurt) and save the image as "cue sheet" and read at 30x. When done burn at 8x with "always close last session" enabledand in the burn dialog box, choose "ignore" (weak sectors) and be sure to disable CloneCD's orange sheep icon running in system tray (startup) when playing the backup as that is for using emulation("hide cd-r"= play backup in burner ). If the backup should fail by choosing "ignore" (weak sectors) then try "amplify" weak sectors. If these backups fail then use FireBurner as an alternative.

CloneCD 4.3.1.9: http://www.slysoft.com/en/clonecd.html
    FireBurner 2.21:
    http://www.fireburner.com/

Shoey :)_

Mobo: MSI KT4VL-6712,CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2500+,Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700),nVidia GeForce FX5600(256MB DDR),Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd,WD 80 gig external USB 2.0 [/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2004
  5. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

well i tried both Clone cd ways. It just locks up this way tho..im going to try the fire burner next..

6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Keith,
    During the FireBurner install process, do not disbale Windows Auto-insert nofitfication. When all done open FireBurner and go to options>configuration. In the device options tab folder choose disc-at-once 96 (Recording method). Choose close cd (Multi session). Over to the right where it says burning speed, enable eject when finished, enable burn proof, auto correct sub channel and autocrrect EDC/ECC errors and select 8x(burn). Be sure that when you use CloneCD to read the image that you save as "cue sheet". After each burn>reboot>see if the backup of Safedisc will play in your dvd\cd-rom. If Alcohol 120 or Blindwrite 5 is installed then uninstall>reboot.

Shoey :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2004
  7. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

in the clone CD when burning..where is the close last session under?

8. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

NM found it lol

9. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

MAN fireburner not working either..i only got blindwrite to work with it installed so far..on a simple 2.9 safedisk.. this is messed up...

10. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

OK THIS mAKES NO Sense ..i went to back up C & C gererals Zero Hour... did the same thing i did with empires dawn of modern world ...same safedisk2.9 and it will not laungh even with blindwrite installed.. but modern world does fine??? man oh man i dont get it..

11. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

shoey..i need something to run or install that program a ray scanner. And how the hell does Nephs safedisk protection back up a game and mine does not... same burner..and i tried that with alchy..messedup

12. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

doh last msg was meant for other forum ill go post in there