1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just made a dvd and wish to make it region 4 ???

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by nickyotron, Sep 20, 2011.

1. nickyotron

nickyotron Member

Just made a holiday snaps DVD and sending it to Australia, but just thought, they wont be able to play it unless i make it region 4 right?? im in the UK so how can i make sure they can play it? its taken me 2days to make i dont wana make a faulty disc :(

2. keebles

keebles Regular member

What program did you make the movie with, and are you sure it is region protected?
    Most homemade videos are not region coded due to the fact that most DVD encoding tools dont have a specific region that they are made for. Programs are usually sold/downloaded world wide and to make a specific region encoding program would require thousands of different versions to be made. If it is region locked, download DVD Shrink in the download section and install it. once it is installed, open the program and select options, then select region and select what region you want, or make it region free.

3. attar

attar Senior member

Burned disks are 'all region' so that isn't a problem and since the UK and Australia both use PAL video, that isn't a problem either.

[​IMG]