1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just want to say

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by punchie, May 6, 2004.

1. THEDICE

THEDICE Member

if god realy exists take a look at the world today and the evil and horrific crimes that are comitted against humanity every day the way good people die young of cancer and other horrific diseases then the devil must be winning.
    ps i cant spell worth a shit

2. jonnijon

jonnijon Member

stand 100 people in a row,tell the first one a story then get him to tell the next person,and so down the line.then hear the story from the last person...imagine it after 2400 years.

3. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Wow a God thread, how did I miss this one.

In response to THEDICE, the main beleive is that god works for man. The best example a roses, god would like to keep roses, not that specific rose over there that I steped on, but roses in general. The same is for mankind. Not a specific man, but mankind will progress.

Now with that said I am along the side of Nephilim. I beleive in Knoledge. I want to know everything and that is my goal, and what I live for. So learning new, reading, test new computer things ete.
    So I believe we all need purpose, but that a lot of religions will prevent you for determining you personal purpose. The whole original point of relegion was why are we here. If it provents that, then its not good.

For Brian 100 you should watch Contact. Good film for you.

4. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

I do not think badly of anyone for whatever religion they choose. For me, i just want proof, thats all, give me one good single shred of hardcore evidence that god exists. Something that science cant explain. Until then i'll just believe in myself and do what i feel is right. I've never understood the devotion people of any religion have for something they've never seen. anyone can start a religion, all you gotta do is believe in something and convince other people. usually by making the life they have look so terrible and filled with bad things that they have to run from themselves and join "the group" to be clean again.
    Here's the way i see it, IF there is a god, and this god is all forgiving, then he is not going to look down at me for just trying to lead a decent life, loving my neighbor, not killing anybody, and generally just not being an bumhole. So even though i dont pray, go to church, or even believe that there is a god, i'll get into heaven anyway if I'm wrong. I think people use religion as a crutch, a way of making them selves feel better. I have an aunt who had a 7 yr old daughter and 2 years after she married her new husband, he molested the girl for like months before she told. my aunt was upset but not like a mom should be who's 7 yr old daughter was molested by her own husband! She said she was "leaving it up to the grace of jesus". Well 6 moths later the hubby moves back in because "Jesus healed him". SHe believed to the point of being blind. And I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with that at all, if a person needs to believe in a higher power, and that belief leads them or helps them be a better person and live a better life, then I'm all for it. I have never judged anyone's religious beliefs of any kind. I think everyone is entitle to believe, just as I am entitled to not believe.

5. THEDICE

THEDICE Member

its as simple as this for me i live a good decent life i dont hurt people rob people im not cruel to animals i dont steal .i pay my way and im generouse and usually willing to help.so why do i need to read a book and live my life by the rules set down in it.i my mind was so weak that i had to have someone or something to tell me how to live my life then id be a robot, a sheep ,a blind follower ,and thats just not me .

6. colw

colw Active member

For a certain minority of people on these forums he/she is probably their best option.

They tend to fail to understand simple basics of how a computer functions and simple maintenance procedures or the utility of reading a guide before embarking on projects.

Despite very good advice, these people still do not get it - leaving the only option as prayer.

I'm not sure whether they ever receive devine guidance or experience a miracle but blind faith must help.

Simple message - if you do not know what you are doing - too lazy to read or understand guides and rely on others to retify your stupidity - go the god option and pray for success.

7. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Darthnip, didn`t Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy show the proff of god. I thought that line was funny.

Personally, I think if people read up on most religions and take the best (personal best) elements from each and add that to their moral fiber. Then they might be better off than being devoted to one relegion.

Anyone check out the new fools church website. The virtual church idea is interesting.

8. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

not sure what you're refering to man, i'll have to check it out.

9. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

ref: Hitchikers Guide - yes it did ;-) Got them on DVD - quality :-D

10. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I got the last book with all books in it. I also have them all on DVD as well (Hitch hickers guide).

The though UK people would know (You may not be in the UK, I can`t remember)
    But the web site is like this:
    http://ship-of-fools.com/Features/0404/church_fools.html

It quite funny, there are people praying to vending machines. And Satan was around. I haven`t joined yet, but have heard may stories about it.

11. hogan

hogan Regular member

darthnip, you asked for one example that science can't explian as proof of God. Man would be the best one. Try as they might, science can't explain us.

12. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Consider this:
    1. Let's assume "god' and "satan" exist.
    2. Let's assume "satan" is one clever bastard who wants our souls ever so desperately which
    3. I think it's fair to say "all christian kids are brought up to fear satan and fear hell because its a horrible place etc"
    4. I'm certain satan realizes that these kids are being brought up to fear hell.
    5. So why not make hell a resort? Like I mean, if satan made hell just like heaven but except without the admission requirements that fear would be gone and so would put a significant dent in the "anti-hell" and "anti-satan" sentiments and such -- that would be the clever thing to do.
    6. Has Satan turned 'hell' into 'heaven without the admission requirements'? Nobody can say but it sure gives for an interesting perspective :p

13. hogan

hogan Regular member

A more clever thing to do would be to tell you Hell is a
    resort with no admission requirements. But when you got there you find out TOO late it really is Hell.

14. Praetor

Good call however for this 'idea' to work, since Satan doesnt already have the 'trust' of the people, just "telling us it's a resort" will probably not be enough. Some form of proof -- fake or otherwise -- would have to be forthcoming simply because we're brought up to a "stay away, dont listen and dont trust" doctrine :)

15. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i really have just two comments, besides saying this thread is pretty entertaining:

sinjin: even though the catholics may have taught you to judge, doesn't the bible (and jesus specifically) say not to judge your fellow man? i thought the bible was supposed to be the most perfect source of god's word, not a guy in a dress with a beanie? or at least the 10 commandments.

oriphus: Hitler's actions may have been religion based towards the jews, but i find that hard to believe. hitler encouraged atheism, and his german followers were supposed to "not have a god, save Germany herself". the History Channel is my source on that. and that was only devotion, really, not a religion.

but what do i know? i'm a newbie, and i skimmed this thread. keep up the posts!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2004
  16. hogan

hogan Regular member

The most clever thing Satan ever did was to convince mankind that he doesn't exist.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2004
  17. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i like that point, hogan.

18. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Of course satan exists. George Burns, aka Satan. Was one of the too good actors playing satan. Also smoked every day of his live and died at age 90? I think there were some deals there.

Auslander,
    I bet you know more than me. :p

19. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i'll take that bet, Prisoner. lol, how about -20 bucks? or 20? wait a sec. which way gives me cash if i lose? but i'll win. so i...oh, nevermind. i'm out of school, so i don't have to do word problems now. in case it wasn't obvious, this post was just to take up some of my spare time. :p

20. Praetor

LOL he doesnt exist -- ive been trying to sell my soul for tuition money for the last year! :p